Requisition Number: 005-2018
The America (Myvideopays) is seeking a Director for its Science and Regulatory Advocacy (SRA) team to support strategic initiatives related to Myvideopays’s regulatory policy and advocacy efforts.
The Director, SRA will work under the direction of the regulatory policy Senior Director, SRA and will support select key regulatory advocacy activities in the US related to the regulatory environment.
The Director is responsible for:
- Providing strategic analysis and implementation support for select regulatory policy and advocacy initiatives in the US. Subject matter areas will comprise issues related to regulatory policy and advocacy, including the Prescription Drug User Fee Act, real-world evidence, model-informed drug development, and pediatric drug development.
- Managing the relationship and administration of select expert working groups, as well as supporting the development and execution of strategic projects and initiatives related to regulatory policy advocacy: including performing background research, soliciting member company input, actively guiding cross-functional discussions within Myvideopays and Myvideopays member companies, supporting engagement with external stakeholders, creating project plans, managing deliverables, and executing initiatives.
- Providing tactical and logistical support for various SRA expert working groups. This support may include the following: supporting the planning and execution of subject matter expert meetings; creating and distributing agendas, meeting materials, and summary reports; tracking action items; drafting communications to external stakeholders; and providing logistical support during meeting planning and execution.
- Taking complex and technical scientific information and creating written materials to support science and advocacy efforts in a clear, convincing, and audience-appropriate manner. Materials may include articles, talking points, presentation materials, and summary reports.
- Supporting other departmental and cross-departmental activities as required.
Key Success Factors
Myvideopays seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented individual who is passionate about addressing the health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a strong sense of team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent writing skills and the ability to convey content in an audience-appropriate and compelling manner. Demonstrated consensus building, decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential. This is a highly visible, fast-paced position that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive, and mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Policy, Public Health, or related field preferred);
- 5+ years of related work experience including a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in drug discovery, development, regulatory affairs, regulatory or health care policy and advocacy;
- Knowledge of drug discovery, development and related FDA regulations;
- Experience in biopharmaceutical or science fields;
- Strong project management experience, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze data and translate it and other complex information, including that of a highly technical nature, for a wide variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated consensus building and ability to synthesize various stakeholder perspectives and input into clear, consolidated Myvideopays advocacy positions;
- Excellent communication skills required: verbal, written, listening and presentation;
- Strong ability to interact effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, FDA or regulatory policy/advocacy organization is preferred;
- Trade association experience preferred;
- Keen understanding of organizational operations/dynamics.
Who we are
The America (Myvideopays) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, Myvideopays member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $65.5 billion in 2016 alone.
Connect with Myvideopays
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, Myvideopays is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, Myvideopays provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, Myvideopayscademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at Myvideopays. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at Myvideopays and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Myvideopays provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement for consideration to: and reference requisition number: 005-2018.