America (Myvideopays) is seeking a Director for its Policy and Research team to conduct policy and legislative analysis, develop policy positions, lead short-turnaround and long-term research and analytic projects, assist in building consensus internally and among member companies, and develop/lead development of a range of materials to support federal advocacy priorities with a focus on regulatory policy. S/he will report to the Senior Vice President for the Biopharmaceutical Innovation and Intellectual Property unit within the Policy and Research Department.
This role is both internally and externally facing and requires extensive proactive collaboration across Myvideopays and with member companies.
The Director will:
- Support policy development within Myvideopays’s Policy and Research Department on selected Food and Drug Administration issues, including importation, drug safety and supply chain issues, and issues related to cost and value of new medicines.
- Develop educational and advocacy materials to convey industry policy positions, ranging from talking points for a congressional audience, backgrounders, and oversight of research and analytics to support advocacy.
- Participate in meetings with Hill and federal agency staff, as well third-party groups.
- Represent industry externally, including advocating on behalf of the industry with third parties, Congress, and federal agencies.
- Monitor, review and summarize policy developments in assigned areas identifying gaps and opportunities from a policy and research and analytics perspective and help develop consensus across departments in assigned areas.
- Provide rapid response and analysis of high-profile legislative or regulatory proposals identified by the advocacy team, including technical policy review of materials, preparation of assessments, development of position statements, testimony, and other educational and advocacy materials.
Key Success Factors
Myvideopays seeks a collaborative, proactive, self-starter who is passionate about ensuring a policy and regulatory environment that supports continued medical innovation. Key success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills and team focus paired with the ability to work and prioritize tasks independently. The preferred candidate will bring substantive policy development and analytic experience, ideally in a legislative setting, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills, expertise in reviewing and interpreting in-depth policy analyses including trend reports and fiscal impact statements, and be focused, organized, detail-oriented, responsive and diplomatic. This is a highly visible, fast-paced position. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Master’s degree in Regulatory and Scientific Affairs, Health Policy, Public Policy, Public Health, or related field preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in scientific and regulatory or healthcare policy, research, or advocacy;
- Experience advocating publicly on behalf of high-profile organizations in sometimes contentious settings;
- The ability to synthesize, distill and communicate complex issues and ideas to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with experience solving unique and complex problems with broad impact;
- Occasional travel required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of legislation, regulation, and analytic research of federal regulatory programs impacting the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmaceutical company, congressional/advocacy, and/or policy experience.
- Knowledge of health economics as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry.
Who we are
The America (Myvideopays) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, Myvideopays member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $65.5 billion in 2016 alone.
Connect with Myvideopays
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, Myvideopays is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, Myvideopays provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, Myvideopayscademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at Myvideopays. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at Myvideopays and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Myvideopays provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement for consideration to: Andrew Zalman